The Quickest Way to Lose Weight
Nowadays, with obesity becoming a world-wide problem, more and more people want to know what is the quickest way to lose weight? Well, for one, you need to stop eating fast-foods, because they have a high-fat content. But people eat these kinds of foods for the same reason they want to shed those extra pounds as soon as possible: because they have limited time on their hands.
So, if you want results, but you don’t have the time it takes to achieve them, there’s only one thing you can do: take weight loss supplements. Before you get started, you should know that this method has its advantages and disadvantages.
The good news is that weight loss supplements really do work There are many of them on the market today and at least ten brands are known to help you shed those extra pounds.
The bad news is that there can be a difference between the amount of ingredients written on the label and the amount they actually put in the product itself. Another downside is that since they want to manufacture a product for the lowest possible cost, they don’t use high quality ingredients.
So you wanted to know the quickest way to lose weight? Here it is. Now it’s your turn to decide if the results are worth the risk you take. If the answer is yes, then here is a list of the most popular weight loss supplements:
1. Fucoxanthin: This is an antioxidant, which can be found in edible brown seaweeds, like wakame and hijiki, which are commonly used in Asian cuisine to make miso soup. Animal studies have shown that Fucoxanthin targets abdominal fat, but no human studies have ever been done. The only thing I can tell you about it is that it does not have the same stimulatory effect as bitter orange, ephedra or caffeine. You can get Fucoxanthin in capsule form online or in certain health stores.
2. Green Tea: In recent years, research has shown that a certain part of green tea, called theanine, may suppress your appetite and increase your metabolism. Although green tea will not help you lose those extra pounds all on its own, it will speed up the weight loss process.
3. White Bean Extract: This natural substance, also known as a “starch blocker” is believed to help you prevent the breakdown of carbohydrates into glucose, by slowing the activity of alpha-amylase down, which is an enzyme that occurs naturally in your body. In other words, it will decrease spikes in your blood sugar caused by carbohydrates, therefore making you lose weight.
CLA - Conjugated Linoleic Acid4. CLA: Also known as Conjugated Linoleic Acid, it can be found naturally in beef or dairy and as a weight loss supplement. It has been known to decrease your body’s fat content while helping you build muscle. This might be one of the quickest ways to lose weight, but according to recent studies it was revealed that although CLA does seem to have positive and significant effect on body weight, it has a negative impact on blood sugar metabolism and it might cause insulin resistance. In other words, you may take CLA, but do so with caution.
5. Glucomannan: This substance is extracted from the root of a plant native to Asia, called a konjac. Some people claim that it suppresses your appetite and makes you feel full, thanks to the fact that it is rich in soluble fiber, it attracts water and turns to gel while your digestive system is working. According to a recent study, although Glucomannan’s health benefits are limited, it may make you lose a significant amount of weight, if you take it in doses of two to four grams a day.
6. Chitosan: It is made from chitin, which can be found naturally in crustaceans, like shrimp, crabs and lobster. Studies have shown that it will help you lose a small amount of weight and it will also aid you by reducing your blood pressure and cholesterol levels. The downside of using this weight loss supplement is that it may cause constipation, make you have an upset stomach, decrease the absorption of nutrients and if you are allergic to shellfish, then it’s definitively not for you.
7. Vitamin D: If your body has low amounts of this vitamin, you might want to take it for a while, because it will help you lose weight faster, but only while dieting. So if you are a middle-aged woman, this should be your first step when trying to shed those extra pounds, since you have the age when your vitamin D level drops, which in return can cause obesity.
8. Resveratrol: It is an antioxidant which can be obtained from the skin of red grapes. It has been known to prevent the growth of fat cells and boost your metabolism, but it can also be toxic to the liver. So it may help you lose weight, but since very little is known about it as a supplement, you might want to try getting it naturally, from grapes, cranberries, blueberries. This won’t have the same effect, but at least you will be able to take Resveratrol without damaging your health.
9. HCG: It’s basically a human hormone produced by the placenta during pregnancy. It is known to aid you in your weight loss efforts by suppressing your appetite, boosting your metabolism and decreasing body fat. You can take it in two forms, either by injection or as a supplement. This hormone is said to aid fat loss in areas like the underside of your arms, your belly, buttocks, thighs, hips and it can also lead to overall weight loss. The maximum amount of weight you can expect to lose with this supplement is two pounds per day.
10. Capsaicin: Usually found in chili peppers, this natural compound is believed to aid weight loss, because it will increase your metabolism, reduce fat and your appetite.
11. Chia: It is a flowering plant, it has omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, fiber and it can be found on the market in seed, oil and capsule form. It is marketed as a weight loss aid and believed to improve nerve functions, protect against heart disease and stimulate your immune system. But although it has many benefits, it may increase the effect of medicine taken for diabetes and high blood pressure, so be careful. The best thing for you to do would be to consult your physician before taking chia, to know if it poses any health risks.
12. Hoodia: Although there haven’t been any clinical trials performed on humans yet, hoodia is one of the most popular and natural kind of appetite suppressant. One of the biggest problems with this herbal supplement is that there’s a big chance that you will buy a fake one, especially if you look for it online. So if you don’t to want be mislead, you might want to think about buying it from your local drug store.
13. Apple Cider Vinegar: Produced during the fermentation of apple cider, it can boost your metabolism, prevent bloating, keep your blood sugar at a constant level and it is also believed to be a natural appetite suppressant, thanks to one of its components, called acetic acid, which can be found in other types of vinegar as well.
14. Coconut Oil: Because it has medium-chain triglycerides, it is believed to help you lose weight by boosting your metabolism.
15. Bitter Orange: it took the place of ephedra, after it was taken off the market in 2004 and has been marketed as being able to help you lose weight. Some people claim that it can help you lose weight, but it might also raise blood pressure or boost your heart rate.
Quickest ways to lose weight. In conclusion, these are the quickest ways to lose weight, but here’s my last tip: no matter which diet supplement you choose, be very careful as far as the dosage is concerned, because, as you can see, many of them haven’t even been tested on humans. Quick weight loss has its price, just make sure that it will be the fat stored on your body and not your health!