The Atkins Diet – Forbidden Foods
At this point, you may have already figured out the fact that anything that is not on the allowed list is on this one. So I’m not going to write all of them down, I’m only going to give you a few examples.
• Anything made with grains, such as cake, pastries, bread.
• Foods with added sugars, this includes the ones that were processed.
• Fruits and fruit juices.
• Legumes, like beans and peas.
• Alcoholic beverages.
• Deli salads, because most of them contain added sugars.
• Dairy products, except for creams and chesses, which you are allowed to eat in limited amounts.
• Nuts, although it is best that you have them after the Induction phase.
• Starchy vegetables, like corn, beets, potatoes and so on.
Here’s a list of foods you can have after the Induction phase:
• 1 or 2 ounces of nuts daily.
• A higher amount of vegetables.
• Seeds, such as those from sunflowers.
• Fresh cheeses, like cottage, ricotta and so on.
• Other forms of low-carbohydrate foods, such as unsweetened soy or almond milk, coconut milk, certain types of soy flours, shirataki noodles and so on.